Ebdon Court – Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset
A large residential space designed to provide a safe and comfortable retirement environment – with on-site support and spaces for recreation and leisure. The exposed glulam framework contrasts well with the curtain walling and brightly coloured powder coated window frames.
Our commission from Rydon Construction was to manufacture and install a bespoke glulam framework. Once in place, the framework juxtaposes a natural element to the man-made materials forming the structure.
- Project: Residential home for the elderly
- Commission: Engineering design, manufacture and installation.
- Client: Rydon Construction
- Architect: Quattro Design Architects
- Engineer: Criddy Pritchers Davidson
- Timber: Larch
- Fixings: Internal galvanised steel plate.
- Finish: Surface spread of flame treatment and water-based satin varnish.