Our glulam and production plant are being certified by BMTRADA who carry out strength testing on our glulam and on-going audits of the production plant. The production of glulam is to EN14080 and all standard beams are CE-marked.
The factors to be controlled during the production of glulam include;
- Strength of the purchased timber, whether pre-graded or visually graded in-house
- Moisture content of the timber
- Temperature and humidity in the plant during production, the curing chamber whilst glue sets and in the timber storage area at all times.
- Strength of glue lines and finger joints
- Age and storage conditions of the glue
- Mix proportions of the glue
All these factors are controlled and recorded. Records kept in the factory detail all the manufacturing conditions under which each beam was manufactured.